Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stiff neck! Help!!!

       So the story goes as a beginner violinist. My first lesson was bowing the 4 strings without getting scratchy. I said to myself that "this is it??" I thought it was so simple and easy but I'm wrong! Hahahaha! It was totally hard the first time I tried it. All I got was scratttcchhyyy sound from my violin! I want to jump from another lesson but I need to perfect my bowing so I can move on with another one. My lesson ended with just bowing back and forth..pretty boring huh? (^_^)
      Another day has passed. Oh my God! Why did I felt like this early in the morning?? I had a stiff neck that day! Plus my collar bone was a 'lil numb too! "What will I do?" That's what I thought that day. So I searched and searched the caused of my pain. Answer? The position of my violin on my shoulder. Tsk! "Is there a solution? I asked to  myself. So I hurriedly texted my friend who plays violin for almost years already. Then he suggested that I should buy some shoulder rest. "what's that?" I asked. It's an accessory for easy carrying violin on your shoulder and to feel much comfortable.
DADI shoulder rest
      Thank God that I bought that thing. Now my problem had solved! Stiff neck? Bye-bye!!

1 comment:

  1. I’m glad that you found a way to ease your discomfort while playing the violin. But then, it also helps if you take a break every hour or so to stretch your neck and shoulder. That way, your muscles won't suddenly flare up due to the prolonged position you have to be in while playing.

    Jacqueline Hodges @ Back and Neck Center of Brick

    ReplyDelete