Monday, June 13, 2011

Music Ministry


        Here I am again playing violin in Balanga Cathedral. But this time, it's only me who played there. My teacher asked me if I could play on their intermission number. So, why hesitate right? He said that it's 50-50 chance that the church priest will be able to play the violin part. That's why he contacted me to substitute there just in case Fr. Perry could not make it.

       We played Aquino's Medley that was arranged by my teacher Nesty Enriquez. Instruments were 2 flutes, violin and a guitar accompaniment. We only practiced the day before the event. I know, it was a 'lil short practiced but it's okay because I know that we can do it! =)


        On the day of the event. Surprisingly, Fr. Perry said that he's gonna play the violin part! So, how about me?? That's what I thought. My teacher decided that we could duet together. Problem solved! =D It was a very lucky day for me because I did a duet with Fr. Perry whos' violin's an antique Stradivarius that was a gift to him with his great great great (how many great!?) grandfather! Ahhhh! Wish I had some! Yes, their clan's a musician particularly violinists.


my mommy together with Fr. Perry

        That was a memorable event of my life! =)

2 comments:

  1. meron kang pic nung old strad? wah! kainggit naman... and ito na ba yung debut ni Chen formally? ang saya naman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wala..huhu! Kasi nagmamadali si Fr. eh..sayang nga eh! Pero yung strad nya dark brown and super antique talaga kaso kawawa kasi may crack sa back and naka-tape lang..=( Siguro no time to repair it kasi busy sya..

    Yes! Debut nya yan..hahaha! =D

    ReplyDelete