Thursday, April 28, 2011

Get out of my Comfort Zone!

            For the first time in my life, I got the chance to play with other violinist together with my teacher! He listed me to join on one of the instrumentalist in Balanga Cathedral. I'm so glad that he choose me! Of course I'm so excited when I heard that news and most especially to jam with other violinist!

            Day 1: I met 3 of the members. The girl was a beginner like me but she plays piano really good. The other one was, I can say that he's an intermediate already because the way he played the songs..he knows vibrato! Haha! But the only problem was, he forgot how to read notes! A major problem! And the last one was another an intermediate player because he can read notes very well and knew how to do vibrato..a little I think. So it was a fun day for the three of us; practice, practice and practice! =P

            Day 2: We went to the cathedral to meet other players. There were 3 of them again. One was a violin teacher, so I can expect that he's good! The other two was his students. So, all in all we're 7 violinist who played on that event. We practice a lot but honestly speaking, it's kinda hard for me because I didn't used to read notes that fast without hearing the melody first. Awww..I struggled there! But of course, my teacher always motivates me and cheered me. I remember that night, he said: "It's okay if your tone's not perfect, at least you enjoyed what you are doing and in HIM, your tone is always superb" I nearly cried when I heard that from him!

            Day 3: It's grand assembly and general practice. We met the pianist, flutist and the grand choir. We practiced almost a day! I was nervous at first because of the crowd..Haha!

            Day 4: The event. We got there early in the morning for tuning and practice a 'lil bit. By the time came, almost every corner of the cathedral were flooded by the people! The time we entered our seats, all of the people were staring at us. I guess, that's the first time they encountered violinist in the cathedral. We felt like professionals! =))) The performances were good..nearly great! We had good feedback coming from selected guest and priest. They wanted to perform us again..Wow!
            And the day ended with a delicious salo-salo meal. We really had fun! Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. franz!!! :D don't worry, ganyan lang talaga sa umpisa. nakaka-kaba lagi. just keep playing! been playing sa church din. buti ka pa nga may mga kasama. ako solo nung sinabak! LOL

    keep it up!

    ~bursky, PVer ;)

    P.S. buti ka pa nga matino ang pagtugtog sa youtube. i could never upload my playing on youtube, let alone even record myself! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks sa comment! hahaha! Wow solo! So it means magaling ka..Yeeee! =))) It's fun to record on YT, try na yan! Heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ayun nga eh! pinag-solo ako pero di ko pa kabisado yung piyesa! wahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. ayayayayay! so, what happened that time??

    ReplyDelete